Like to join us?
We’re always looking to add to our talented team. Take a look at our open vacancies and see if your skills are right for a career with Icon Connect. If you are interested in working with one of the leading Smart Technology companies in the industry, just send us your CV and we will be in touch.
Our current vacancies
Icon Connect is a world-leading Company delivering Audio Visual, IT and Security systems for Superyacht and High-End Residential assets. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced network & telecom Engineer to work alongside our Project Management and Engineering teams.
The successful candidate will be working with the latest technologies, will influence design and deliver systems of and to the highest quality. You will be responsible for consulting on design, configuring network hardware, commissioning, and delivery of a projects incorporating network and telecommunications systems.
It is essential that you are an excellent communicator with good Client facing skills have strong network engineering experience, excellent knowledge of wireless networks, fibre optics and telecoms solutions. The company is based in Hertfordshire, but this is a field-based role that also requires international travel.
Key technical skills:
- CCNA Certified.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of:
- Networks and Network architecture
- Wireless network deployment and management, LAN Controller setup and commissioning for wireless networks
- Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) and IP Telephone systems
- WAN Traffic Management and Path Selector configuration, such as, Kerio, Peplink, Sophos and Cisco
- Wi-Fi coverage analysis & mapping/heatmaps
- Firewall configuration and implementation
- Fault finding and commissioning skills are compulsory
- Use of hand tools, network & telecom test equipment
- Microsoft products such as Word, Excel and MS 365 suite
- Other integrated systems you will work with include:
- 3G/4G/5G Data modems
- VSAT VoIP & Data lines
- ISP management
- Good Time Management Skills with the ability to work on your own initiative in a well organised and efficient manner
- Team Leadership in managing Engineers & good delegation skills
- Managing relationships and interfaces with other contractors
- Team player with ability to identify engineer weaknesses and offer guidance and assistance
- Experience of supervising in the superyacht market or a relevant complimentary industry
- Monitoring and reporting project progress to the Project Manager
- Accuracy & management of project documentation
- Ability to impart network engineering knowledge and train others
- An eye for detail and a good understanding of quality control
- Excellent communication skills on a technical and personal level
- Proven track record for completing projects on time and on budget
- Punctual, smart and can represent the company in meetings to client representatives
- Clean driving licence is preferred
Beneficial but not essential:
- Foreign languages:
- Dutch, French, Italian or German
- Salary dependant on experience but presume £35-£40k (dependant on experience of industry)
- 20 days holiday per year plus 3-4 days at Christmas
- Overtime generally around 10-15%
- Pension 3% contribution matched but subject to HM policies.
- Will work away from home generally on a 5-day working week basis.
- Accommodation paid for and a subsistence allowance of €40 per overnight stay