Like to join us?
We’re always looking to add to our talented team. Take a look at our open vacancies and see if your skills are right for a career with Icon Connect. If you are interested in working with one of the leading Smart Technology companies in the industry, just send us your CV and we will be in touch.
Our current vacancies
Fancy a career change to come and work for one of the industry leaders in delivering smart technology to some of the most spectacular Super yachts and residential properties around the world?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced AV Engineer to take part in some of these projects, to assist in ensuring they are delivered on time and to exacting standards within our experienced project teams.
You will be working with some of the world’s top shipyards, architects and interior designers on some incredible projects.
We look to develop and guide our staff and add new and greater responsibility as you progress. There will be numerous opportunities to work with the latest technology and deliver systems to the highest quality.
If you are the sort of person who wants to work with some of the most innovative systems and technologies on the market, to travel internationally, and develop professionally, please contact us.
- Understanding of audio visual, mechanical and electrical services, their integration, regulations, protocols and related technical language including control systems, lighting, HVAC, BMS, access control & security.
- Well versed with Microsoft products such as Word, Excel and MS 365 suite
- Good Time Management Skills
- Accuracy & management of project documentation
- Ability to impart engineering knowledge and train others
- Monitoring and Reporting Project Progress to the lead engineer
- Building & Managing relationships and interfaces with other contractors
- Team player with ability to identify weakness and offer guidance and assistance
- Ability to work on own initiative in a well organised and efficient manner.
- An eye for detail and a good understanding of quality control
- Excellent communication skills on a technical and personal level
- Clean driving licence is preferred
- Punctual, smart and can represent the company on project sites.
Key technical skills required:
- Multiple project experiences of use of both Crestron DM and NVX
- Good working knowledge and working experience of Networks and Network architecture
- Good working knowledge of Digital Audio systems such as Qsys or BSS etc
- Experience in Lighting systems such as Crestron and Lutron for both programming and installation.
- Good fault finding and commissioning skills are compulsory
- Excellent use of hand tools, test equipment and competent at soldering
Beneficial but not essential
Foreign languages such as Dutch, German, or Italian
- Overtime generally around 20-30%
- 20 days holiday per year plus 3-4 at xmas
- Pension 3% contribution matched but subject to HM policies
Icon Connect is a world-renowned Company delivering Audio Visual IT and Security systems for Superyachts and High-End Residential Clients. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced AV Project Manager to run an assortment of exciting projects, to ensure they are delivered on time and to budget by overseeing the technical and commercial aspects associated with such projects.
Acting as the Client’s main interface with our company, you will be working with some of the world’s top shipyards, naval architects, and interior designers delivering some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
There will be opportunities to work with the latest technologies, influence design and deliver systems to the highest quality.
If you are the sort of person who wants to work with some of the most innovative systems and technologies on the market and to travel internationally, please contact us.
Successful candidate can be EU resident.
The key objective for any of our Project Managers is to bring a project in on time and within budget to the highest quality level. This will be achieved by organising and owning as follows:
- Kick-off meeting with all team members at project commencement.
- Regular project meetings / conference calls with the Lead Engineers and the operations
- Site meetings – agree agenda, record minutes appropriately (RFI) agree minutes distributed
- Twice monthly predictor/resource meetings with the Operations Manager along and Lead
- End of project review meeting Operational Management, Sales, Finance and other
- Responsible for cost/time/performance/quality of the project.
- Ensures compliance to quality standards, and operational guidelines.
- Create and maintain internal and external project schedules.
- Coordinates execution and delivery with the engineering team.
- Be responsible for good team collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Motivate and support all team members.
- Provide progress/status report on a regular basis to the Operations Manager.
- Manage project decisions / escalations to Operations Manager.
- Leads regular program reviews with the client.
- Financial accountability for projects – managing time and costs with the Operations Manager
and the finance department.
- Handover to the Client/Client representatives.
- Handover to the service department.
- Resource allocation in consultation with the planner and the Operations Manager.
- Coordinate procurement of equipment with the Purchasing Manager and Operations
- Managing contractor liaison (3rd Party) – builders, carpenters, electricians, architect etc
- Managing Icon subcontractors.
- Manage contract variations by handling any changes in scheme with multiple departments,
ensuring they are accurate and invoiced when accepted or closed when rejected.
- Responsibility for project documentation and design (block wiring, schematics, rack layout,
certification of copper and fibre cabling, user guide and manuals)
- Collating feedback on equipment used in a monthly meeting with engineering and Design.
- Hardware installation as and when project requires.
- Organising all logistics for personnel and project deliverables such as equipment.
- Recording full whereabouts in the online daily planner.
- Looking for new business opportunities and ensuring Icon Connect is placed to receive new
- Activity Planning and Sequencing.
- Resource Planning.
- Developing Schedules in harmony with shipyard production.
- Time Estimating.
- Cost Estimating.
- Risk Analysis.
- Managing Risks and issues.
- Monitoring and reporting progress.
- Team Leadership.
- Managing relationships and interfaces with other contractors.
- Controlling sub-contractors.
- Working with vendors.
- Quality control.
- Risk assessments / site safety. Informing everyone of risks and PPE requirements, uniform standards, method statements, risk assessments and required site qualifications e.g. CSCS
- Following Icon site codes of behaviour and practices and train all staff.
- Complete the RAMS documentation in conjunction with the Yard or Builder & carry out
- Ensure all staff are fully compliant.
Mandatory Management tools:
- Project Plan (MSP). Start of every project and update as it changes.
- Request for information sheet. Start of every project to record all questions and prompt
- “Room notes”. Frequency to be discussed with the Operations Manager to suit
- Task List to be completed and distributed daily.
- Weekly/Fortnightly project status report.
- All staff schedules filed daily on the planner
Experience / requirements:
- Proven track record in delivering sizeable residential/marine projects with at least 5+ years project management experience of both single and multi-dwelling AV and automation projects and or yacht projects over 40m.
- Working knowledge of project management tools such as MS Project and fully proficient with Microsoft Office Suite especially 365 and Excel.
- Strong knowledge of the industry, its key and niche products.
- Team player with ability to identify weakness and offer guidance or assistance.
- Ability to work on own initiative in a well organised and efficient manner.
- Maintaining exacting standards that the bespoke marine sector demands.
- An acute understanding of business efficiency and profitability.
- Excellent communication skills on a technical and personal level.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Understanding of audio visual, mechanical and electrical services, their integration,
regulations, protocols, and related technical language including control systems, lighting,
HVAC, BMS, access control & security an advantage or knowledge from a similar industry.
- A good command of the English language both written and verbal is essential to be able to
communicate effectively with our European counterparts.
- Passport and driving licence
Beneficial but not essential:
- EU passport or the ability to work in the EU without a visa.
- Clean driving licence preferred.
- Foreign languages such as Dutch or German.
Agency Notes for UK based employee.
- Overtime generally around 15-20%.
- 20 days holiday plus 3-4 at Christmas.
- Pension 3% contribution matched but subject to HMG policies.
- Good command of the English language is essential as they will have to communicate with
other European counterparts and Clients.